Cholq'ij Challenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce Yourself

+9
12K'at
K'astajb'al Yak
Munroe
Mireille
5 Eagle
LaBruja Rodríguez
iiii.o.iiii
susanhl
Admin
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Introduce Yourself

Post by Admin Mon May 04, 2015 4:55 pm

Welcome to the forum for the (First Ever) Cholq'ij Challenge!
Let's get to know each other here. Feel free to introduce yourself in this thread. Here's some ideas to get the ball rolling:

• What's your name?
    Where do you live?
    What would you like others to know about you?
    What would you like to know about others taking the challenge?
    What do you most hope for during this challenge?
    What questions do you have about the challenge?

I'm looking forward to meeting and going on this journey with you all!

Best wishes,

Adam
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://SacredRoad.org

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by susanhl Tue May 05, 2015 9:36 pm

My name is Susan.
I live in Portland, Oregon.
I am a filmmaker, mother and wife who strives to live in the most awakened state possible.
I am curious why other people have signed up for this challenge - I sense that inevitable change is headed our way and want to prepare for it so that I can serve my family and others when it happens.
My hope is to connect more deeply to my higher self and the souls that are seeking to lead us through this transition on Earth.
During this challenge, will I develop my ability to connect more directly with non-physical entities?

susanhl

Back to top Go down

Post by iiii.o.iiii Wed May 06, 2015 10:14 am

≈ name is rachel
≈ live in the sonoran desert , the land outside tucson
≈ about me , i am most comfortable when i don't use words to communicate ∆ yes i'm silent ∆ sunrise , sungaze , mysty , skin frog ∆ warthog ∆ actively denying the illusion of time . a fruit is a thousand years old , no matter which harvest it's feeding you from .
≈ about others : i'd love to know what others' favorite sound is ! or their most exciting experience with a plant ( especially curious for non-internal consumption stories , but those are good too )
≈ i hope to become very familiar with the 20 nawals and how they are used from day to day , not just how they affect the U at your birth

thank u ≈ ≈ blessi ≈ ≈

iiii.o.iiii

Back to top Go down

Post by LaBruja Rodríguez Wed May 06, 2015 10:59 am

About me: My name is Karen, I'm from Nicaragua, currently living here. English is my second language so I might ask some things I don't understand in English or not have a perfect grammar Smile I'm a feminist, a philologist, write poetry and also a lover of ancient civilizations, learning about Tarot over 7 years now by myself and intuition is one of the practices I would love to get better at.
I've being following also other sites in Spanish who are sharing knowledge of the Mayan world. One of my dreams is to visit Guatemala so I can absorb more of the nawales there but since I found Saq Be I'm totally grateful with the way you take care of your project and news feed. Thank you so much for that. I feel honor and excited to participate in the (First Ever) Cholq'ij Challenge!!!

The course and Saq Be: I would love to learn more about nawales and my ancestors because in that way I would understand more about my family tree. I want to know more about las abuelas y los abuelos, reconnect with Earth, nature and all the living and energies of this universe.

About others: I would love to know about your journey in this path and where do you think this interest comes from and where do you want to go from here.

My fav sound, Rachel, would be the sounds of running water or rain.

Buena fortuna!
LaBruja Rodríguez
LaBruja Rodríguez

http://enlosdiasdelabruja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Introducing me

Post by 5 Eagle Wed May 06, 2015 11:51 am

Hello everyone, my name in our present society is Jose Luis, My birth name is 5 Eagle...  I was born in Los Angeles many years ago. My Grandmother on my fathers side was named Aurora, she was born in the Yucatan by Yucatec Maya parents.  
 I currently live in southern Oregon.  I have been on what is known as the red road for a few years studying and practicing traditional indigenous ways of North America. I have only recently been taking a serious look at the ways of my Maya ancestors, hence my interest in the challenge.
 thank you, I am glad to be here...

5 Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by 5 Eagle Wed May 06, 2015 12:01 pm

Oh, by the way, Rachel, I love the sounds of nature, and I would have to say that my favorite would not be easy to pick.. However, between an Owl speaking on a silent night and the soft hush of wind blowing though a forest, I would have to say the wind...

5 Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by susanhl Wed May 06, 2015 12:35 pm

Nice to read the posts by Rachel, Karen, and 5 Eagle.
My favorite sound would be running water in a stream or river. A powerful plant experience would be clipping the dead vines from my raspberry plants while the bees and spiders make space for me.

susanhl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireille Wed May 06, 2015 12:41 pm

Hello everyone,
My name is Mireille, I live in Belgium. Since 5 or 6 years now I do energetic work and geobiology (with rods and pendulum). That is how I connected to the Nawales, measuring energy in Tikal. I am very glad to find other people interested in the Mayan Cosmovision. I do meditation and I use Reiki. I practice Tai Chi and Qi Qong. I love to work in the garden, flowers and vegetables. This year I'm finishing my professional career as a career counselor. I hope to develop my intuition and to connect better with the Nawales to do energetic work and be as helpful as possible. My favourite sound? It could be my daughter singing. The concert yesterday was marvelous. English is not my language and I prefer Spanish, and here where I live we speak French.

Mireille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireille Wed May 06, 2015 1:47 pm

Just a thing: it's 8 or 10 hours earlier where I live, which means I'm asleep when it's, say, 4 pm for you.

Mireille

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 07, 2015 9:08 am

Thanks everybody for sharing.
So, I'm Adam, here in Santa Fe, NM and I had the privilege of being a part of founding Saq' Be' 15 years ago. I'd like folks to know that I'm the father of 2 little girls (4 & 6 mos), which makes my favorite sound a laughing baby/ child (with the crashing waves of an ocean being second - a little bit of longing from the desert ;-) My hope for the challenge is a growing sense of connection amongst participants, from all over the world, with the natural flow of the universe, brought to awareness through this ancient tradition - that we may feel connected to the tradition and people that keep it alive as much as with ourselves, families and the world in which we live, so we can better realize our individual purpose to deepen the balance in the world around us.

It is amazing to see so many people from around the planet have connected here and will be on this journey together.
Mireille - we will be sure to post the next day's challenge early the day before so that folks in other time zones have plenty of time to prepare and participate.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Munroe Thu May 07, 2015 10:53 am

Hi, my name is Munroe and I live in Florida. I respect nature, and endeavor to leave the world a better place for living here. I hope to bring out that which is most sacred in myself, and trust questions will be answered as they arise.

Munroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireille Thu May 07, 2015 11:37 am

Thank you, Adam.
About the coloured candles, should they be coloured inside too, or is a coat of colour enough?

Mireille

Back to top Go down

Post by 5 Eagle Thu May 07, 2015 12:27 pm

Good morning everyone.. My most memorable experience with plants come from memories as a child growing up in Los Angeles sneaking out of the house on windy nights and wrapping my arms around hundred foot Palm trees feeling them sway in what was a true connection with forces beyond my understanding, forces that engulfed me with the oneness of all creation.

5 Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by LaBruja Rodríguez Thu May 07, 2015 3:30 pm

ummm, my most memorable experience with plants and still is the sway of my mango tree in front of my house. some years before there was a coconut tree too. I think both of them talked when they were swinging w the wind, it was kind of a rain sound. I bet the mango tree misses the coconut tree as much as I do.
LaBruja Rodríguez
LaBruja Rodríguez

http://enlosdiasdelabruja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 5 Eagle Thu May 07, 2015 4:21 pm

yes... and I too miss those moments so long ago with the great palms of L.A.

5 Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by K'astajb'al Yak Fri May 08, 2015 9:19 am

Hi everybody,
-My spiritual name is K'astajb'al Yak
-Currently I live in Washington, D.C.
-I'm originally from Guatemala, specifically, the village of Chichicastenango, in the Maya K'ich'e region. I'm a Visual Communication Designer and work on project such as graphic design, videography and online education. I plan to start a Maya Design Collective for the restoration, preservation and advancement of the Maya culture.
-I'm interested in know how people form different regions of the world perceive and experience spirituality based on Maya knowledge.  
-I hope to have the opportunity to bounce ideas with others (spiritual guides and spiritual learners like me) about the energies.
-My question for the challenge would be: Is there a main goal for the challenge? Or do we have freedom to build our own experience around the guided path.
K'astajb'al Yak
K'astajb'al Yak

Back to top Go down

Post by 12K'at Fri May 08, 2015 10:23 am

My name is Vincent Casano and I live in the Boulder, Colorado area. I discovered the Book of Destiny almost four years ago and it has changed my life in the most significant way; I could not imagine life without it. I hope the challenge will give us an opportunity to join together and network bringing together the people we need to understand the tradition more completely. What I would like is for someone to be able to answer my questions. I want others to experience the miracles, magic, and opportunities the energy dimensional calendar offers. Thank you for this opportunity to learn.

12K'at

Back to top Go down

Post by 12K'at Fri May 08, 2015 10:48 am

My favorite sound is the ocean

12K'at

Back to top Go down

Post by 12K'at Sun May 10, 2015 1:20 pm

Will we be able to copy exactly what we learn for this 20 day challenge to any 20 day cycle from batz to tzi?

12K'at

Back to top Go down

Post by 8 No'j Sun May 10, 2015 5:26 pm

Hi everyone! My name here is 8 No'j.

I am a visual artist and cultural researcher currently living in Denmark. Originally I am from Finland.
My ancestral roots are in Nordic shamanism and in herbal folk healing practices.

I have been privileged to study many spiritual traditions. None of them has
touched my soul and transformed my life as profoundly as the Cholq'ij.

I truly appreciate to be part of this learning community for 20 days. I hope, that the world
wide weaving of our collective energies will create a strong context to deepen the
experience of each sacred day ahead.

My favorite sound at the moment - after a very long and dark winter - is to hear the arrival of
migratory birds and listen to their songs under the luminous leaves of May forest.

I am honored to be part of this journey with you all. Thank you, generous guides of Saq' Be',
for preparing and offering this beautiful gift.

8 No'j

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty I'd like to introduce myself

Post by Sandy_H Mon May 11, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi, my name is Sandy. I live in Connecticut. I've been pretty introverted all my life, but a seeker of truth. I've become well acquainted with the Mayan Calendar and have some insights about it and about the world I would love to share. I would like to understand my role in this unfolding process of evolution and hope that participation in the cholqij challenge will point me in the right direction.

My favorite sound is the sound of crickets and treefrogs chirping on a summer night.

Sandy_H

Back to top Go down

Post by sarsan Mon May 11, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi my name is Sara and I live in Canada. My family is from Guatemala but unfortunately my mayan culture has been lost due to war, racism and now immigration and assimilation. I am a mother and I want to learn about my ancestors so that I can pass that along to my son. I hope to become more spiritually awakened and have a deeper understanding of the cholqij

My favorite sound is the ocean.

sarsan

Back to top Go down

Post by TEROS Tue May 12, 2015 12:31 pm

Hola
I love the sound of hummingbirds, so fast and so silent.
An Azalea (no idea the name in English), 36 years ago, woke me up with its moon shine, reflections on my eyes as if calling me.  That is what I thought. I stood there for hours amazed by the sense of breathing of the earth and the deep dark sky allowing us to understand our existence.
My name is Tatiana. I’m a theatre director, and cultural promotor.
I would like to know you all better, and understand your own paths and search.
I would like to share that I have been studying the Pop-Wuj and maya culture to understand my ancestors’ way of life, beliefs. I’m living in El Salvador right now, but I was born in Mexico. I’m also costarrican… these issues of being a Meso-american...  
My deep respect for our guides in this challenge and the opportunity you are creating for us all!

TEROS

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 12, 2015 7:48 pm

12K'at wrote:Will we be able to copy exactly what we learn for this 20 day challenge  to any 20 day cycle from batz to tzi?
This challenge will deepen your connection with each of the 20 Ch'umil, but they will each have slightly different qualities during the year due to the different number. Understanding the meaning of the numbers and building on the guidance of the daily Ch'umil that we publish on the site (and in email) should help to guide you more directly in each day - but really it is coming to know these energies beyond the intellect that will be developed through this challenge.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 5 Eagle Tue May 12, 2015 8:31 pm

I am beginning to sense that this 20 day challenge will only scratch the surface of the knowledge within Maya tradition..

5 Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum