Cholq'ij Challenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origins of knowlege

3 posters

Go down

Origins of knowlege Empty Origins of knowlege

Post by 5 Eagle Tue May 12, 2015 10:53 am

I would like to know what the origins of these teachings are. do they truly stem from ancient Maya culture? and if so, how wide spread among the common people were these ceremonies and aspirations practiced?

5 Eagle

Back to top Go down

Origins of knowlege Empty Re: Origins of knowlege

Post by Admin Tue May 12, 2015 7:59 pm

The energies of the Cholq'ij are from an ancient lineage that dates back to the ancient Maya culture, that has been kept alive through conquest, condemnation, war and numerous other threats. This represents one of at least twenty calendars, though this is the one that relates most directly to the experience of being human. It has been, and remains in traditional circles, the center around which civil and ceremonial life are organized. The Maya currently exist as numerous tribes in Central America, including Honduras, Mexico, El Salvador and Guatemala, where Indigenous Maya comprise the majority of the population. Amongst those of Maya ancestry, only a percentage maintain the lineage connection, though it is very strong within many communities. Catholicism and Evangelism have converted much of the population, though within Catholicism in particular, the Maya tradition has found ways to survive. The lineage are passed along clan systems that often cross various tribes. The fire ceremony is said to have remained the same since the last ice age, though some of the materials have been adapted (white sugar instead of honey, chocolate instead of cacao, paraffin candles instead of beeswax, etc.) The Cholq'ij challenge emerges from techniques being passed along by keepers of this living lineage, so it is hard to say if all of the practices were done in the same way hundreds of years ago, but it is important to note that this tradition is alive, and while the form adapts as it flows through time, the core essence remains linked to its roots all that time ago. I hope that helps to address your question?
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://SacredRoad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by 5 Eagle Tue May 12, 2015 8:24 pm

Admin,
thank you for your prompt reply. you did answer much of my Question, yet I now wonder about the lineage. Is it a collective lineage through a certain village or region? or is it from a family? or individual?

5 Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 13, 2015 8:45 pm

In the case of the challenge, much of the content was prepared by Carlos and Denise Barrios, most closely connected to the eagle clan, with teachers primarily from the highlands region (Kiche, Mam, etc.). Many of the threads of the lineages interweave, but this is probably the most primary way to explain the sourcing of lineage for this particular challenge.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireille Fri May 15, 2015 1:05 am

Les agradezco muchisimo, Carlos y Denise Barrios, la oportunidad que nos dan de hacer este trabajoy y asi abrirnos horizontes y senderos con los Nawales.

Mireille

Back to top Go down

Post by 5 Eagle Fri May 15, 2015 7:54 am

thank you for your answers and for taking the time for these lessons. I'm not sure if I am missing a link, are others discussing the daily challenges?

5 Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 15, 2015 7:39 pm

5 Eagle wrote:thank you for your answers and for taking the time for these lessons. I'm not sure if I am missing a link, are others discussing the daily challenges?

This is the place to discuss, a little slow in the forum of late. I will open a thread to check in on everyone.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum